- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Kenya, South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Homestay
- Application Fee: $95
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
Are you looking to take a break from school, or explore the world and your interests before the next phase in your life? Here at Kaya Responsible Travel, we offer culturally immersive, supported and exciting gap year programs (and don't worry, it doesn't have to be a year! It could be a month or two!).
More About Us
Our destinations are "non-traditional" in the sense that they're off the beaten path, and here at Kaya, we're all avid travelers and volunteers, so you can rest assured that our personalized support will go a long way towards making your experience memorable.
If you're concerned about responsibility, safety and sustainability in travel and volunteering, you can also feel at ease knowing that responsible travel is what we do, and that our mission is to uphold sustainable development. We have stringent Covid-19 protocols in place and we've only reopened programs where we are confident we can deliver experiences that are of low risk to you and to the communities you'll come to know while you're abroad.
Are you interested in working with wildlife in Africa, learning about ecology, or beginning your studies in veterinary science? Well, you've come to the right place! We have some amazing and diverse internships and volunteer programs avaialable for teens and young adults.
Walk lions, ride horseback through national parks, hike mountains with gorgeous views, learn about local cultures and get to know locals on a deeper level, and so much more!