- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Peru
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Financial Aid: Not Available
This IPSL gap year program is a fantastic opportunity for students eager to create social change and experience the culture of Peru.
Like many other IPSL programs, this initiative focuses on creating sustainable change and advocating for social justice. Through this program, students will learn about activism and take home skills applicable in their respective communities. Students will devote themselves to the Cusco community and commit to the service-learning placements in partnership with non-profit organizations. Through hands-on service, students will understand what it takes to respond to needs of others in unique communities. Some volunteer opportunities may include teaching english, working on environmental projects, promoting entrepreneurship, and social work.