- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Ecuador
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
Adelante Abroad launched our new internship program, operating in Quito and Ambato, Ecuador for candidates looking to improve their Spanish while interning in Latin America. Intern in one of seven fields: Medical, Veterinary, Equine Veterinary, Women’s / Human Rights issues, Marketing, Working with Street Children and Teaching English.
This is a very rewarding program, where candidates work within the community like a local and assist companies and organizations in various areas. On your days off, discoveries are limitless: the Galápagos Islands (a huge and growing surf culture at uncluttered beaches in the Montanita area) and the mouth of the Amazon is in Ecuador too.
The program is much more than the four hours each day of studying or interning, it is also about absorbing, experiencing and learning the life and language of the host city. We provide an 'open door' in more ways than one.
What You're Getting:
- The amount of time you choose to intern is flexible, with program lengths ranging from 1 to 6 months, all begin the first Monday of each month, year round.
- Intern in Ecuador program can be done for academic credit (240 contact hours for a three month internship program, for example)2 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes are included in the fee.
- A contracted international internship work assignment is guaranteed, and you will know where you are interning long before you arrive. Candidates gain real, international work experience to upgrade their resume.
- You will be met at the airport when you arrive in Ecuador, taken directly to your housing.Housing is included. Live in your own room with a homestay family – MEALS ARE INCLUDED!
- Our Directors in Ecuador are very well connected and this is how we build or create a tailored internship placement for each of our candidates.
- Some excursions are included during the 2 weeks of Spanish courses (Galapagos Islands anyone? Surf trip?)
For many internship programs in Ecuador, Spanish skills are required at least at a low-intermediate level, but placements can be found in some sectors for complete beginners (e.g. Teaching English). Certain fields may have specific requirements for prior experience or studies.