- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Fiji, France, India, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, United States, Nepal, Hawaii
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Student Apartment
- Application Fee: $150
- Minimum Cost: $5,000 - $9,999
The Institute for Global Studies was founded on the conviction that visits to exotic destinations imply a commitment to cultural sensitivity and environmental stewardship. Our internship programs match the interests, academic goals, and passions of the participant to premier host orgs and researchers.
Aside from its singular mission, the Institute for Global Studies is unique in several respects. Unlike many internship and study-abroad organizations, it accepts students who have not yet started college.