- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Nepal
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Hotel, Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
The Nepal Experience Program is an incredible opportunity for adventurous students to uncover hidden treasures and receive an in-depth cultural experience.
During their stay, students will split their time among the cities of Pokhara, Chitwan, and Kathmandu. They can expect to begin their trip in the stunning Kathmandu Valley, which is in the heart of Nepal and sheltered by the breathtaking Himalayas. They'll spend time visiting temples, monasteries, and other historic buildings. Some other exciting activities to look forward to include a morning yoga session, hiking the hill of Swayambhu, and visiting the Royal Chitwan National Park. There may even be a jeep safari where students can get a closer look at rhinos, wild boar, alligators, and other exciting wildlife! In addition to opportunities for exploration and cultural immersion, students also have the option to volunteer in local Nepalese communities.