- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Thailand
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Hotel, Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
This program is perfect for students interested in volunteering at a Monk education centre and teaching the local children.
With a focus on religious and spiritual education, monk teaching is an incredibly sought after service. During this program, volunteers will help teach English, Math, and Arts & Crafts. In addition to volunteering, students will also have plenty of opportunities to explore Chiang Mai, a center for both historical and modern Thai culture. They can look forward to seeing pagodas, temples, as well as modern boutiques and hotels. They can also expect cultural excursions and workshops, orientation, and other volunteer activities. These may include beautifying classrooms, leading sports activities, and helping with teaching aids.