- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Greece, Turkey
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Academic Year, Semester, Other, Three Weeks
- Start Month: January, March, June, July, September
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Hotel, Student Apartment
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Work Study
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
The Hellenic International Studies in the Arts group has consolidated its experience into a unique and creative learning environment, drawing on extensive and diverse backgrounds in university teaching and administration, international art and academic seminars.
GAP YEAR STUDENTS
THE GREEK ISLAND SELF-DISCOVERY ALTERNATIVE
Many students who have finished high school wish to postpone college for a semester or a full year for a variety of reasons. Some desire a bit of travel; others wish to experience an immersion in a foreign culture; while some are looking for a chance to pursue studies in an atmosphere of greater choice or concentration in a single discipline such as Painting, Photography, or Creative Writing. HISA endorses the Gap Year concept and actively encourages high school graduates to join our university participants in our full semester program.
Gap Year participants receive the same kind of individualized attention at HISA’s as those already enrolled in a college, and by interacting with those a year or two ahead benefit from their experience.
HISA's reputation is such that in most instances credit has readily been transferred to the Gap Year students' prospective institution back home. We invite all Gap Year students who are looking for a program that respects their creative and academic interests to join us. At HISA, they will be free to experiment and grow as individuals in a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere.