- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Greece, India, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, United States, Vietnam, Tanzania
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Housing: Hotel, Other
- Application Fee: $350
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
- Call: 800-487-1074
In 1984, Global Volunteers helped lay the foundation for what became known a decade later as "Volunteer Vacations." Our vision was simple: to wage peace and promote justice worldwide in such a way as to change lives. Students 18 and older can go by themselves or with a friend. Students under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
We engage short-term volunteers on long-term projects to create, nurture and sustain the well-being of the world's children - so they can realize the full promise of their human potential. That changes everything. Our methods of volunteer engagement and program management set the standard for appropriate community service. We take a comprehensive, integrated approach to community development to catalyze sustained partnerships directed by local leaders, targeting at-risk children. Each program is evaluated frequently, and maintained over the long term. We choose our host partners thoughtfully, and prepare our volunteers carefully. Most important, Global Volunteers is led by experts grounded in development to ensure that the work we do genuinely contributes to communities for the better. When you work with us, you maximize your contribution as a "servant learner." That's how you change lives - yours and community members'.