- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Cambodia, China, Ghana, India, Mexico, Romania
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Four Weeks, Two Months, Other
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
Taking time out overseas is often a daunting prospect, particularly if you have little or no experience travelling in lesser economically developed countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Global Volunteer Projects is a new concept in time out travel. Most of us decide to take a gap year or time out to travel, experience new cultures and/or maybe learn a new language. Most join established organisations like us, not just to travel but to help in some small way. Global Volunteer Projects is as much about learning as it is about giving. Our programmes are designed to incorporate learning the local language and something about the local culture. All our programmes include, where applicable basic language courses as well as 'culture' courses. This may be drumming in Ghana, Yoga in India or learning Swahili in Tanzania. We also offer a wide range of projects, teaching, conservation and orphanage work for those keen to get involved as well as medicine and journalism placements for those looking to gain that all important work experience.