- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Indonesia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Four Weeks
- Start Month: January, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
We're looking for a team of travel-writing interns to join us in Bali! Over the course of a month, a team of word-savvy hobos will be given intensive writing and blogging tutelage focused on travel, as well as cross-cultural language training with a Balinese language school.
In their free time, interns will be exploring every nook and cranny of southern Bali so they can put together a comprehensive online destination guide in teams. They’ll also be producing two pieces for Global Hobo, which will be heavily workshopped over the course of the program.
The Global Hobo workshops are designed to equip participants with the skills necessary to work in digital media, build up their portfolios and provide them with real-world experience in terms of meeting deadlines, writing to an audience and working in teams. They are the perfect gap year program, the perfect university exchange program and the perfect bridging course between study and the real world.
- Daily travel-writing and blogging workshops with a range of industry professionals (writers and editors from Global Hobo, VICE, Your Friends House, Surfing Life and more). Think travel-narrative writing, pitching to editors, building a brand and selling your soul as a freelancer in exchange for sweet, sweet cash.
- Small-group Bahasa Indonesia language classes four times a week with a reputable Balinese school.
- A Balinese cultural class.
- One month twin-share accommodation in air-conditioned bungalows, complete with WiFi, a shared kitchen and two pools
- A month’s membership at digital nomad hub and coworking space Dojo Bali
- Airport pickup upon arrival in DenpasarSweet deals on yoga, surfing lessons and motorbike hire
- Potential university credit
Successful applicants will be intelligent, open-minded creatives looking for some real-world journalism experience and to get a taste of Indonesia beyond its tourist vortex. The ability to work well in a group is essential, and if you’re good enough at it, once the internship is over, we may even invite you to join our incredible team of writers.
To apply, send a writing sample and killer cover letter to email@example.com - boring emails will be thrown out the window.
Each course runs for four weeks, and hopeful hobos can apply for either the November 28 - December 25 2016 program, or the January 9 - February 5 2017 program.