- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: South Africa
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Academic Year
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Environmental Conservation
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Other
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
By volunteering at Tembe Elephant Park you will have an amazing travel experience, gain an insight into the Zulu culture and make a positive contribution to a worthwhile project.
What YOU have to offer may be critical to the future of wildlife in this corner of Africa. Helping the elephants and other animals of the Tembe National Park is something you will feel proud of for the rest of your life.
Tembe Elephant Park game reserve is home to the last natural population of elephants in KwaZulu Natal as well as a diverse population of animals, birds, butterflies and plants.Tembe is looking for motivated and enthusiastic volunteers to assist with the ongoing projects that are vital to the conservation and development of the park.