- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Israel, Italy
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: January, September
- Category: Mental Health & Well-Being
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm
Free Spirit offers a therapeutic gap year or a one-semester experience (starting September or January), designed for Young Adults, ages 18-24.
We designed the ideal gap year experience, transitioning young adults from more structure and support to greater independence and self-reliance. Our participants are seeking a successful transition into young adulthood without missing out on fun, real-world experiences.
Who will Free Spirit gap year work for?
- Recent high school graduates who need time and support to transition to independent living
- College students who want to step back, re-set, and re-establish a sense of confidence and purpose
- Teens graduating from residential programs who need guidance in transitioning away from structured environments into independent life
- 18-24 year-olds who wish to experience the world while figuring out who they are and what they want out of life
What happens during a Free Spirit gap year?
Throughout the year, participants alternate between our main campus on a kibbutz in Israel and various facilities and internships around Israel and Italy. The core components of the program are:
- Community-based living with diverse intercultural encounters
- Individualized strength-based programming, addressing one's interests and needs
- Guided group dynamics that encourages social engagement and participation
- International travel in Israel, Cyprus, and Italy with a focus on arts, history, food, sailing, camping, and other outdoor activities
- Volunteering and internship opportunities in Israel and Italy
- Collaborations with Education Consultants for college preparations?