- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Tanzania
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Student Apartment
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
Founded in 2010, Focus in Africa (FIA) organizes a range of volunteer programs and safari adventures. We are local Tanzanians creating tailor-made tours for our clients, whether traveling solo or with friends and family.
Our visitors love to experience the great Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater where it is possible to see tons of birds and animals year round. However, the ideal time to go on safari is between June and October in the dry season.
Focus in Africa has earned an enviable reputation as a leader in volunteer programs in Tanzania, service-learning and community development. We make sure that volunteering in local communities is appropriate and rewarding for all ages. Older travelers and multi-generational family groups make up about 40% of our volunteer clients.
Whether planning a safari, a mountain trek or a volunteer program, we support our guests every step of the way with meaningful adventures at affordable prices!