- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: South Africa
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
Gain valuable work experience and give back to the community through this program!
The Edge of Africa Events Management Work Experience & Community Volunteer Projects program allows students to grow and gain hands-on experience with planning and running events. They will learn plenty about marketing, budgeting, collaborating, and management. Students will also learn to organize and lead a team. In addition, they will learn more about the rich South African culture and give back to the local community through volunteer projects. These projects will focus on community outreach and are designed to empower the local people. Students involved in this program will surely gain priceless life experiences and develop practical skills!