- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Four Weeks, Semester
- Start Month: January, June, July, August, September
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Student Apartment
- Application Deadline: 07/20/21
- Financial Aid: Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
- Call: (347) 606-0798
Dance Gap Year founded by Pizarts provides an enriched and diverse learning environment for our participants. Established in 2014, the program based in New York City offers short and long-term domestic and international travel for dancers helping them build the next chapter in their professional and personal life. A place where creative freedom and support are provided by industry-leading artists who act as mentors for periods of 4-12 weeks.
Pizarts strives to help dancers Dig Deep within one's movement practice and Discover More of society through means of art and community engagement.
- Curate a performance.
- Teach a personalized 90-minute dance class.
- Perform and network with dancers of various countries.
- Choreograph meaningful works. Acquire the skills to live independently.
- Present a competitive portfolio.
- Establish new friendships and unforgettable memories.
Dance Gap Year Areas of Focus
- Technique & Composition: Technique classes, multidisciplinary workshops, choreography lab with a final performance.
- Pedagogy: Teaching methods and style approach. Learn the build-up and breakdown of a 90-minute class.
- Arts & Life Management: Lecture classes in dance history, business management, and practical living practices.
- Cultural Exchange (Arts & Humanities): Public performances and community classes led by participants are included in a required 60-hour internship.
Participants are required to upload:
- Interview via phone or Skype with DGY staff
- A filled out the application
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- A resume and two dance photos (head shot-active shot)
- Two-page essay about self
- Video clip up to 90 seconds
Cost and Session Information
Virtual Certificate Program is $2,500 USD and includes a one-year membership into the United Nations International Dance Council (UN-CID).
We are so excited you took the first step!
Now that you are on our site, what's next??
Program Type: DANCE PORTFOLIO BUILDING [Headshots/body shots/dance reel]
application deadline: OPEN
Program Dates: 6/1-6/27
Program Dates: 7/5-7/31
?Program Type: visual + Performance art [Film Residency]
application deadline: 6/20/2021
Program Dates: 8/1-8/30 2021
?FALL/WINTER GAP YEAR RESIDENCY?
?Program Type: dance gap year [new york]
application deadline: 7/10/2021
Program Dates: 9/12-12/10 2021
?Program Type: Dance gap year [new york]
application deadline: 12/10/2021
Program Dates: 01/18-4/18 2022