- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: South Africa
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Career Exploration
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
This is an excellent opportunity for all students interested in law enforcement, criminology, and community safety!
Students will have plenty of hands-on experience with helping the local communities in South Africa. For instance, they may help a private security firm with responding to emergency calls. They may also shadow an attorney who specializes in criminal law. Other activities they can expect include assisting a civilian forum that's partnering with the local police force, volunteering at a social welfare organiation, supporting victims of crime, and much more! The overall goal of this program is to empower the local people and help participants gain practical career experience. If that is something you find interesting, this could be an incredibly fulfilling experience for you!