- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Multiple Locations
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: High School, College
- Program Length: Academic Year, Semester
- Start Month: January, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Housing: Boat
- Application Fee: $200
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: > $20,000
Class Afloat - West Island College International offers rigorous and internationally acclaimed academic programs for Grade 11, 12, University and Gap Year students, while sailing aboard a historic tall ship and exploring over 20 ports of call worldwide.
Our Gap Year program empowers students to tailor their academic needs and interests into an individualized lesson plan. Students are required to enroll in a minimum of two courses from the Class Afloat high school or university curriculum*. The beauty of this Gap Year program is that students have the freedom to choose courses that interest them. Imagine sailing to over 20 ports on four continents while studying the subjects you love!
In addition to the regular academic programming students take on a more active role in sail maneuvers and general ship maintenance.