Spend the semester on Maui and the Big Island exploring our natural world via the island ecosystem. On this semester, you'll engage with a deeper side of Hawai'i - it's no beach vacation. As a land of elemental forces coming together to create one of the most extraordinary and beautiful ecosystems on earth, Hawai'i hosts the most isolated population center on Earth, resulting in a distinct culture that remains vital and alive today...(more)
- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Greece, India, Italy, New Zealand, Peru, Thailand, United States, Nepal, Guatemala, Hawaii, Multiple Locations
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Academic Year, Semester
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Other, Tents
- Application Fee: $100
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Affiliation: Gap Year Association
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
- Call: (877) 285-1808
- Meeting: Schedule a Meeting
We connect deeply with our global communities and travel with purpose and intention. Our students redefine what it means to embark on a meaningful gap year abroad. Learn a new language, live with a host family, and participate in a volunteer project—all while earning college credit—on a gap year or three-month semester around the world.
Join our small groups in Hawai'i, Italy & Greece, India & Nepal, Southeast Asia, South America, Central America, and the South Pacific.
Ready to extend your learning journey? Our year-long Latitudes program allows you to choose one of our group semesters in the fall, followed by a three-month focused volunteer placement in the spring.
College credit and scholarships are available on both our semester and year-long programs.