- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College, None
- Program Length: One Week, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, September, October
- Category: Academic
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Student Apartment
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
The Oxford Gap Year is a prestigious program designed to help students gain a foretaste of college and student life in Oxford.
During this program, participating students will have the opportunity to experience a personalized method of instruction used by the Cambridge and Oxford universities. They will learn through small seminar groups and individual tutoring. With this format, students are able to participate more and better connect with their peers. Students typically will select four seminar subjects and a tutorial class during their time at Oxford. Some of these subjects include cross-cultural communication, ethics, film studies, and rhetoric. A 4-week mini-gap course is also offered for students able to make less of a time or financial commitment.