- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: September
- Category: Career Exploration
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19
- Housing: Student Apartment
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Calleva offers two distinct Gap Year tracks for high school graduates: Semester of Skills & Wilderness Film Intensive. Each offers hands-on skills development & experiential learning working alongside seasoned professionals in architecture, construction, mechanics, culinary arts, filmmaking, sound/lighting engineering, etc. Outdoor adventure & leadership training experiences culminate in a 10-day wilderness excursion planned and executed by the students.
This is a semester-based program and students can elect a single semester experience or join for a full year. A typical semester unfolds in 5 segments:
- Intro to Core Skills
- Group Intensive (project-based learning)
- Individual Project ideation & planning
- One-on-One Intensive (project-based learning)
- Group Capstone wilderness adventure
Calleva encourages Gap students to live on-site. Group living arrangements are set in Calleva-owned apartments, which provide a communal living environment conducive to sharing responsibilities with their cohort and engaging regularly with our staff to build life skills and embrace an attitude of lifelong learning.
Weekend workshops and excursions enhance the holistic experience, which is designed to teach the benefits of a balanced life, spark curiosity, and inspire self confidence.