- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Belize, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Kenya, Nicaragua, Peru, Rwanda, South Africa, Vietnam, Zambia, Tanzania, Nepal, Guatemala, Honduras, Uganda, Philippines
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: High School, College
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Other
A Broader View Volunteers arranges short-term international mission trips and long term volunteer projects in South America, Africa and Asia. Make a lasting impact that changes lives and provides you with one of the most rewarding experiences of your life: Volunteering Abroad.
The mission of the A Broader View is to unite young people around the world’s most pressing problems and empower them to become leaders. We believe that global problems such as climate change and poverty demand new and powerful forms of leadership. We believe great leadership can be taught. We also believe that extraordinary experiences can inspire young people to become driven and visionary leaders.
We work with schools and universities to create service land leadership programs with communities in Peru, Costa Rica, Chile, Ecuador, Argentina, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, Philippines, Vietnam, Nepal and India. Our partner communities are making progress against global problems thanks to strong local leadership. Our 10-28 day trips allow students to experience these inspiring communities and learn about global issues by working to solve them.
Our goal is that each student begins the process of developing his or her own leadership style and vision. Students learn leadership by studying themselves and the local leaders around them. Along the way, students embark on outdoor adventures such as trekking or rafting, immerse themselves in a foreign culture, and experience themselves and their world in a whole new way.
A Broader View Leaders School programs are tailored to the requirements of each school but include the following core elements: Global Issues Each program focuses on a single global issue such as poor children, public health or conservation. Discussion sessions help students overcome the “barrier of complexity” in order to develop confidence and understand an issue. Service Learning Students do volunteer work related to the global issue. This work provides hands-on learning and allows students to progress from understanding to action.
See more at: http://student-trip.abroaderview.org/what-we-do.html#sthash.SULqpZQC.dpuf