- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Belize, Madagascar, Timor-Leste
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
- Category: Environmental Conservation
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+
- Housing: Cabins, Homestay
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: Free
Blue Ventures is an award-winning marine conservation organisation dedicated to conservation, education and sustainable development in tropical coastal communities. Volunteers join us for 3-12 week expeditions at our sites in Madagascar, Belize and Timor-Leste.
Volunteer with Blue Ventures in our remote research and expedition camps and assist our international team of marine biologists, field scientists and sociologists surveying some of the most spectacular underwater ecosystems.
Our dive expeditions offer volunteers from around the world a unique opportunity to get involved with Blue Ventures’ marine research and community conservation work. Whether a dive novice, experienced Scuba diver, budding scientist or newcomer to the field of marine conservation you are welcome and able to support and contribute to our award - winning marine research and conservation work.
From surveying coral reefs to spending some time in a homestay living with a family from the local community, our expedition volunteers are immersed in the full breadth of our innovative and integrated programmes. You’ll be living in a beautiful tropical setting alongside vibrant coastal cultures, whilst gaining scientific research skills and PADI Scuba diving qualifications.
Expedition volunteers are at the heart of everything we do and we’d love to have you join us!
“Challenging, exciting, rewarding… An expedition with Blue Ventures will change your life!”