- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Quarter
- Start Month: November
- Category: Sports
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18
- Housing: Dorm
- Application Fee: $1,000
- Minimum Cost: $3,000 - $4,999
EA Ski & Snowboard helps keen riders enter the Snowsports industry. They provide world-class training and job placements at the best global resorts. The EA teams are passionate skiers and snowboarders working to train the next generation of instructors.
Become a ski instructor with EA Ski & Snowboard on one of our internship programs to fast-track your career in the snow industry. On a ski instructor internship you’ll train, qualify and work as a ski instructor – all in one season.
Download our snow careers pack to see what a career is like on the slopes: https://bit.ly/3MoAIZL
You’ll gain instructor qualifications recognized by the International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA) – the world body for professional ski instructors. This means you will be able to work at other world-class ski resorts across the globe.
On a typical training day, you’ll wake up early and hit the slopes with your group. You’ll practice proper skiing techniques on a variety of terrain and master your skills. After a lunch break, you’ll be back out on the slopes for a few hours before heading indoors to discuss instructing techniques in preparation for your exam.
On a typical working day, lessons will start at 9 am. You may have two or three lessons a day teaching people of all different skill levels. In your first season, most of your clients will be children. However, as time goes by and you gain more experience and new skills, you’ll likely start teaching private lessons and more advanced skiers.
The ski industry is fun, social and friendly. It’s likely your calendar will be brimming with social events – from after-work drinks and dinners to weekend ski missions.
Build a career and travel the world doing what you love.
Click here to see if you qualify: https://bit.ly/45BsIxp
- Gain Internationally Recognised Certifications
- Accommodation Included While Training
- Season Long Staff Lift Pass
- Ongoing Training
- Visa Support
- Intermediate to advanced ski or snowboard ability. We generally recommend about 8 weeks of riding experience.
- You will need some funds available for your travel arrangements and initial training. Successful completion of training is required for a final job offer.
- You will need to be eligible to work or gain a visa in the relevant country. We can support you through this process.
- Fluent or native English language skills as lessons will be taught in English.