- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: India, Thailand, Nepal
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, April, May, July, August, September, October
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Homestay, Other, Student Apartment
- Affiliation: Gap Year Association
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
Africa & Asia Venture's gap year and summer programs in Asia will take you to some of the most remote and stunning parts of the continent. Experience first hand the extraordinary contrasts in landscapes, people, culture and religion; communities full of history and tradition, bursting with colour.
AV's India program takes place in the Lepcha community in the remote foothills of the Himalayas in northern India. The program gives you the chance to help the Lepcha people preserve their unique and ancient culture; and experience a very different part of India, away from the bustling cities.
Experience Nepal in your gap year: amazing people in a truly awe-inspiring location. Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, you will be given the opportunity to live like a local while supporting a rural school with English lessons and offering the children the chance to experience interactive and interesting games and activities.
Experience Thailand in your gap year: inspire and be inspired by Thailand and its wonderful people. Off the backpacker route, you will be living in a rural village and supporting the local school. You will play an important role in the English department and called on to introduce extra curricular activities for the children.