- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: France, Italy, United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Semester, Quarter
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Hotel
- Application Fee: $917
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: Free
Art History Abroad students immerse themselves in European art and culture. All teaching is done on site by expert and enthusiastic tutors who will inspire you and encourage you to draw connections between art history, philosophy, music and literature.
Open to students of all disciplines, all you need is an inquiring mind.
Founded in the UK in 1987, AHA provides structured courses of art history and European civilization. Accompanied throughout by unstuffy, brilliant tutors, students enjoy a full program of onsite tutorials. Meet like minded students from around the world and make good friends.
Six-week courses run throughout the year covering the length of Italy. There are also a variety of two week summer courses to Venice, Florence and Rome. Group limited to 27 students. NEW Autumn Semester program: A 90 day program that starts in London (European culture and politics) then to Paris (Impressionism and Modernism) then to Tuscany (language, cuisine or practical art) before joining our six-week art history course travelling the length of Italy.
2-week course - 20 sessions of 2.5 hours
6-week course - 60 sessions of 2.5 hours
3-month course - 120 sessions of 2.5 hours