- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Costa Rica, Ecuador
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College, None
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: February, March, September
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Hotel, Other
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Accredited by the Gap Year Association, our Gap Programs focus on service, leadership, and cultural humility.
Accredited by the Gap Year Association, our Gap Programs provide unparalleled cultural immersion and leadership experiences for high school graduates.
Gap Semester in Costa Rica
Explore Costa Rica’s natural beauty while learning about environmental conservation initiatives and community adaptation to climate change in the Perez Zeledon region. Surrounded by lush green plants and the chattering of tropical birds, take part in hands-on volunteering at a nature reserve. You’ll get training in leadership, Spanish, cultural humility, design thinking, and project management as you develop a service project to carry out once you return home. Marvel at the biodiversity and landscapes while you take group excursions around the region!
Gap Semester in Ecuador
Explore the highlands around Cuenca, Ecuador, and dive deep into food security and justice in rural indigenous farming communities! Discover how Ecuadorian agriculture is based on ancestral cultures, specifically regarding the importance of superfoods and indigenous medicine. Meet local leaders, food producers, and youth making an impact on food systems in the region.