- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Kenya, Tanzania, Nepal, Mozambique
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
Adventure Alternative is an award-winning, independent travel company with an emphasis on sustainable tourism. We run guided treks, mountain expeditions, adventure holidays, electives and volunteering trips for individuals and groups around the world.
Adventure Alternative is an independent travel company which was started in 1991 by adventurer Gavin Bate and developed organically over many years of travelling and climbing around the world. It is now a well established company with an emphasis on responsible travel and a high level of knowledge and experience.
We offer lots of adventures around the world in all sorts of countries and regions, from jungle to desert and mountain to sea. Our adventures are chosen for being wonderful places to visit and experience the beauty of nature and the wonder of different cultures. At the same time they are stimulating and challenging and very transformative experiences.
In conjunction with our charity Moving Mountains we offer volunteering trips and electives for students, school trips abroad, and university and charity groups who want to work with an award winning organisation that is genuinely making differences on the ground. We also run medical electives in Nepal and Kenya, and we are an approved activity provider for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award.