- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Chile
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Student Apartment
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
Gain valuable internship experience, boost your resume, and live like a local in Vina Del Mar and Valparaiso. You will benefit immensely, professionally and personally and culturally, as an active candidate in our Intern in Chile program.
Our Programs operate in Viña del Mar, Spanish for “vineyard by the sea”, which is simplified to Viña by Chileans. Just an hour and a half west of Chile’s capital city, Santiago, and sister-city to hilly, colorful and bohemian Valpariaso, we love Viña!
The program is much more than the four hours each day of studying or interning, it is also about absorbing, experiencing and learning the life and language of the host city. We provide an 'open door' in more ways than one.
Internships available in the following sectors:
- Medical and Health Care
- Human Resources
- Teaching English
- Social Services
What You're Getting:
- The amount of time you choose to intern is flexible, with program lengths ranging from 1 to 6 months, all begin the first Monday of each month, year round.
- Intern in Chile program can be done for academic credit (240 contact hours for a three month internship program, for example)
- 3 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes are included in the fee.
- A contracted international internship work assignment is guaranteed, and you will know where you are interning long before you arrive.
- Candidates gain real, international work experience to upgrade their resume.You will be met at the airport when you arrive in Chile, taken directly to your housing.
- Housing is included. Live in an apartment or small house, in your own room; all housing is close to the Pacific ocean – within a 10 minute walk, some with ocean and city views!
- Our Directors in Chile are very well connected and this is how we build or create a tailored internship placement for each of our candidates.
- Some excursions are included during the 3 weeks Spanish course— think wine-tasting, “trekking” (a bit less effort than hiking), walking tours, and visits to the amazing National Parks.
Cost and Session Information
Sessions range from one month to six months. $2495-$5895.