- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Argentina, Belize, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mongolia, Nicaragua, Peru, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Zambia, Tanzania, Nepal, Guatemala, Honduras, Uganda, Galapagos Islands
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: High School, College
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Other
A Broader View Volunteers is a nonprofit, 501c(3) charity organization based in the USA. Designed with a humanitarian focus, this program offers meaningful volunteer work projects combined with a cultural immersion experience.
An A Broader View program is designed to give travelers an enriching, life-changing experience while volunteering abroad. Participating in locally led volunteer work gives you the opportunity to experience, learn and contribute to society in ways which traditional travel does not do. What better way to explore a foreign country than through hands-on work within the local community you are living in?!
Gap year options include 100% local immersion. Options to live with local host families, or with other volunteers in a shared home are available. Host families come well screened, have a proven track record for hosting foreign travelers, offer clean lodging, safe food and have a plethora of local knowledge to share with you. Spanish language lessons and cultural immersion programs are available in the Latin American locations, as well as Nepal and India.
A multitude of program options is available in 26 countries worldwide. A Broader View Volunteers programs are customized. Travelers pick their own start and end dates. The application process is free. To apply click here: https://volunteers.abroaderview.org/register
ABV - Popular Gap Year Programs
- Doctor/Nurse shadowing in a community clinic in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Environmental/conservation of sea turtles in Costa Rica or the Galapagos Islands
- Teaching English in a village school in Uganda or Ghana.
- Care assistant at a residential orphanage for babies in Cusco, Peru
- Woman and girls support projects at a care facility in Jaipur, India
- Spanish language and cultural immersion program in Quito, Ecuador or Cartagena Colombia, or San Jose Costa Rica
Upon completing their Gap year trips, hundreds of ABV Volunteers, have achieved greater awareness of the world around them. They come home with new skills, heightened senses, improved foreign language skills and a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Many come home with a new career path or clearer ideas for their future. Join an ABV Gap volunteer program and gain a broader view of the World.
*As a nonprofit organization the program fees are tax deductible for USA taxpayers (students or parents, or donors). Students are able to fundraise for their trip directly on the A Broader View Volunteers website. Program costs depend on the project length. All programs include pre-trip planning and orientation materials, in-country staff support and supervision, accommodations, meals, round-trip airport transportation, placement in volunteer project, letter of completion, Presidential Service Award honors.