- Listing Type: After-School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th
- Program Delivery: Day, Online
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Filmmaking and Digital Media, Architecture, STEM, Design, Web Design, Fashion, Arts, Interior Design
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Gender: Coed
Our Middle School Programs (MSP) offer a rigorous investigation into art and design materials, techniques, and ideas with an increased emphasis on expanding critical thinking skills for children ages 10-13-- with the world-renowned Art Institute of Chicago as its extended classroom!
SAIC's Middle School Programs (MSP) offer a rigorous investigation into art and design materials, techniques, and ideas for children ages 10-13.
At SAIC, we offer around 40 different MSP courses throughout the year ranging from drawing, painting, fashion design, animation, architecture, video game, to sculpture and 3D modeling.
Through our courses, students will have access to expand their creative potential with these amazing resources:
- Regular visits to our museum, the Art Institute of Chicago
- Outstanding faculty and 1:8 teacher to child ratio
- Projects that integrate meaning and making – a hallmark of our degree programs’ acclaimed curriculum
- Access to SAIC’s state-of-the-art classroom and studio facilities All of our MSP courses conclude with student presentations and an exhibition of student work.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago is one of the nation's most influential art and design schools. Take advantage of this amazing community through classes as a middle schooler. It will be like nothing you've ever experienced before!