- Listing Type: After School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: Below 6th
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Computer Science
- Minimum Cost: < $500
- Gender: Coed
Whizaras Scratch programming course introduces young learners to the world of coding. Whizaras Scratch programming course offers a fun way for young students to start thinking like a programmer as they explore and develop imaginative stories, animations and games using MITs Scratch programming interface. Students learn the block-based programming concepts of motion, looks, sound, events, loops, conditionals, game mechanics, operators and variables.
Students get creative with designing, drawing, recording and storyboarding personalized projects using the drag and drop visual programming interface. The course further reinforces computational concepts of sequencing, pattern recognition, parallelism and algorithmic thinking.
You can pick a time of your convenience for these classes.
Coding prerequisite: None
Device prerequisite: Tablet, Chromebook or any Laptop/Computer
Standards alignment: K-12 CSTA, ISTE