- Listing Type: After School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: Below 6th
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Computer Science, Mathematics
- Minimum Cost: < $500
- Gender: Coed
Whizaras innovative math course combines math with the fun element of Scratch games. This innovative course introduces students to coordinate geometry and digital platforms such as spreadsheets and Scratch to explore math and coding concepts via games. Students learn the basics of the Cartesian plane, explore the classification and hierarchy of 2D shapes and solve real-world problems involving coordinates, two-dimensional shapes, associated mensuration, length and distance measurement and units and fraction operations.
The course teaches coding, computational thinking and design thinking to take the engagement and outcome of learning math to the next level.
You can pick a time of your convenience for these classes.
Skill-level: Knowledge of Grade 4 Math
Coding skill-level: Beginner
Device prerequisite: Chromebook or laptop/computer
Standards alignment: K-12 CSTA, ISTE, Common Core Math, TEKS