- Listing Type: After-School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Other
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: First Aid/CPR
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $999
- Gender: Coed
If you work or recreate in the outdoors or in other austere environments where access to medical care is delayed or communication is unreliable, our 9-10 day Wilderness First Responder course is for you! Great for professional guides, trip leaders, search and rescue team members, outdoor recreationists, and international travelers.
It is the industry standard for professional guides, trip leaders, search and rescue team members, outdoor recreationists, and international travelers.
Upon completion, you will be able to conduct a thorough physical exam, obtain a patient history, assess vital signs, provide emergency care in the wilderness, and make crucial evacuation decisions.
You'll learn both in the classroom and in outdoor settings regardless of weather, so come prepared for wet, muddy, cold, or hot environments! This program is open for those ages +16 years-old and offers 3 college credits.