- Listing Type: After-School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Academic Year
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Filmmaking and Digital Media, Photography, Painting & Drawing
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Gender: Coed
The Institute of Contemporary Art strives to share the pleasures of reflection, inspiration, provocation, and imagination that contemporary art offers through public access to art, artists, and the creative process. Volunteer for the ICA Teens Arts Council.
Are you between the ages of 14-19? Are you interested in programming for and by other teens? If so, you should take a look at what the ICA teen programs has to offer.
The Teen Arts Council consists of twelve ambitious high school students who share a common interest in the arts and public relations. The council organizes Teen Nights, assists upcoming artists, and various projects though out the year. Our primary objective is to supply Boston’s youth with the tools to voice themselves in the contemporary world of art.
The Fast Forward Program is for students serious about creating film, video and new media works. Fast Forward students have year-round access to professional artists, professional equipment and presentation opportunities locally and nationally.
Various classes and Digital Workshops allow students of all skill levels and interests get involved in the creation of art in a variety of formats, including audio, animation, 3-D design, video and digital photography.