- Listing Type: After-School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
American Dance sport Center specializes in teaching both social and competitive, styles of dance. Don't ever feel you are too old to do some competitive dancing. Once our students excel in dancing socially, they may feel a drive for more of a challenge. This is when we introduce "Dance sport". The word "Dance sport" simply means competitive ballroom and Latin dancing. The ages for competitive dance sport are 8 yrs old to 95 yrs old and vary greatly in a wide variety dance styles and tempos. There are two styles of competitive partner-dancing. American Style and International Style. Within the American and International Styles of competitive dance, there are two sub-divisions:
American Style encompasses "American Rhythm" (Rumba, Cha Cha, Swing, Bolero, Mambo, and Swing), as well as, "American Smooth" (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, and Viennese Waltz).
International Style encompasses "International Latin" (Rumba, Cha Cha, Jive, Paso Doble, and Samba), as well as, "International Standard" (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, and Quickstep)
And if dancing in a genre of 4 or 5 dances is not your thing, then, you may compete in a single dance category. A "single dance" event means that you may pick and choose one or all, of the dances listed above. Other dances include the Hustle, Peabody, Merengue, Salsa, West Coast Swing, Country, Argentine Tango, and now even the Bachata is being offered in competitions.