- Listing Type: After-School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Program Delivery: Day, Online
- Session Length: Semester
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: College Application, Pre-Med, Social Justice, STEM, Computer Science, Animals/Nature, Entrepreneurship, Counselors in Training, Mentoring, Health and Well Being, International Relief, Homelessness and Hunger, Preserving the Environment, Youth Outreach, Coding, Career Exploration, Environmental Science, Wildlife Conservation, Healthcare, Computer Skills, Mental/Behavioral Health, Public Health
- Minimum Cost: < $500
- Gender: Coed
The ámaxa student impact program is a one-of-a-kind remote volunteer and leadership program designed specifically for high school students. We match you to a team of other students from around the world and a mentor who will guide you in implementing a real solution over 4-6 months.
You can choose to help solve one of the 8 high-impact volunteer projects below!
You can choose to help solve one of these 8 high-impact volunteer projects:
1. Help Ukrainians by providing urgent medical supplies to the frontlines.
2. Provide sustainable electricity to grandmothers in rural Uganda by funding solar lights.
3.Tutor English to students in rural Palestine to expand their education.
4. Send children to school in Liberia with a fundraising project.
5. Plant 10 trees in local communities around the world and measure the carbon they will sequester throughout their lifetime.
6. Provide a digital library to a refugee camp to provide crucial educational material
7. Provide a low-cost ambulance to pregnant mothers in Ghana.
8. Launch a Mental Health First Aid Programs in your school to help prevent teen suicide.
Here's how it works:
1. Apply to the program by completing a short application.
2. Schedule an interview with the ámaxa team.
3. If you are accepted, pay the $150 program fee or apply for a partial scholarship.
4. We match you to a team and a mentor.
5. Meet remotely with your team over 4-6 months to accomplish your project's goal. Attend remote events with other ámaxa students and guest speakers along the way!