- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Health Care, Protective Services, Psychology and Counseling
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $9,141
- Out of State Tuition: $15,221
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 3524
- IPED: 168430
Worcester State University is a public institution of higher learning set on 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to preparing students for personal success, rewarding careers, and effective citizenship in the 21st century.
Worcester State University is a liberal arts and sciences university with a long tradition of academic excellence. Our students receive a variety of multi-disciplinary opportunities enabling them to explore their academic interests and prepare for their careers. Our students:
- Conduct innovative research and develop creative ideas with acclaimed faculty
- Engage in service learning and internships in the community
- Pursue study away opportunities in the U.S. and abroad
We prepare our students to take on real-world challenges with portfolios that include critical thinking, teamwork, problem solving, communication, technology and global awareness skills. They are ready to succeed.
Worcester State University offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and minors, 25 masters degrees, and post-baccalaureate and advanced graduate study certificates as well as real-time access to online, noncredit professional training. Our accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. demonstrates that our liberal arts and sciences curriculum meets or exceeds its criteria for assessment of quality.