- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Architecture and Planning, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Health Care, Protective Services, Skilled Trades and Construction, Transportation, STEM, Hospitality & Tourism
- Degrees Awarded: Community
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Other, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- Delivery: Day
- Affiliation: Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 724
- IPED: 240125
Nestled in the hills of Pewaukee, Waukesha County Technical College is spread out over 140 acres. WCTC offers more than 150 areas of study housed within four schools: the School of Business, School of Applied Technologies, School of Health and School of Protective & Human Services.
Whether an associate degree, technical diploma or short-term certificate, all programs offer students comprehensive training that provides them with skills that can be immediately applied to the workforce. For those whose sights are set on furthering their education at a four-year college or university, numerous transfer agreements exist. Thanks to sophisticated, state-of-the art technology integrated into all WCTC programs, student learning remains on the cutting edge.
Business leaders are influential in helping shape the WCTC curriculum as more than 700 advisory committee members ensure that what is being taught in the classroom reflects industry needs. Pair that with instructors who boast extensive work histories and impressive education credentials, and that equals a realistic learning experience that's second to none. Beyond academics, the resources available - such as Career Development Services, Academic Advising and Student Employment Services - provide support to students at different stages of their education. A comprehensive WCTC education puts student learning at the forefront, personalizing the college experience and ensuring success.