- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Health Care, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $13,236
- Out of State Tuition: $26,318
- Delivery: Day
- Affiliation: The Common App, Army ROTC, Navy ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 4705
- IPED: 236939
Washington State University is a public research university committed to its land-grant heritage and tradition of service to society. Our mission is to advance knowledge through creative research and scholarship across a wide range of academic disciplines.
Washington State University conducts transformational research and provides world-class education to more than 26,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Founded in 1890 in Pullman, it is Washingtons original land-grant university, with a mission of improving quality of life.
One of the nations top public research institutions, WSU stands among 96 U.S. public and private universities with very high research activity, according to the classification from The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Many academic programs win recognition for excellence.