- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $46,307
- Out of State Tuition: $46,307
- Delivery: Day
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5887
- IPED: 234207
Washington and Lee University provides a liberal arts education that develops students' capacity to think freely, critically, and humanely and to conduct themselves with honor, integrity, and civility.
W&L's motto, "not unmindful of the future," underlies the University's commitment to providing a liberal arts education that is vital and relevant to the 21st century. By combining the benefits of a liberal arts foundation with emerging technologies and interdisciplinary perspectives, our students head into life after college equipped with the habits of mind, strength of character and essential knowledge needed to pursue lives of consequence.