- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Biological Sciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Health Care
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $9,084
- Out of State Tuition: $17,962
- Delivery: Day
- Affiliation: Army ROTC, Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5860
- IPED: 234155
Building a Better World Since 1882—Virginia State University is one of Virginia's two land-grant institutions, and is located 20 minutes south of Richmond in the village of Ettrick. VSU features academic environments within five schools.
With a current student population of 5,300, the University sits atop a rolling landscape overlooking the Appomattox River with expansive views of Petersburg. Our 236-acre campus boasts 16 dormitories, 17 academic buildings and a 416-acre agriculture research facility.
VSU features academic environments within seven colleges: The College of Agriculture; The Reginald F. Lewis College of Business; The College of Engineering and Technology; The College of Natural and Health Sciences; The College of Education; The College of Humanities and Social Sciences; and The College of Graduate Studies. We offer 55 baccalaureate and masters degree programs, two doctoral degree programs and three certificates.