- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health Care, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts, Social Services, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT, Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Other, Payment Terms, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- Delivery: Day
- Affiliation: The Common App, Army ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5570
- IPED: 234030
As the premier urban, public research university in Virginia, VCU's mission is to advance knowledge and student success through its commitments to: an engaged, learner-centered environment that fosters inquiry, discovery and innovation in a global setting.
Virginia Commonwealth University is a major, urban public research university with national and international rankings in sponsored research. Located in downtown Richmond, VCU enrolls more than 31,000 students in 222 degree and certificate programs in the arts, sciences and humanities. Sixty-seven of the programs are unique in Virginia, many of them crossing the disciplines of VCUs 13 schools and one college. MCV Hospitals and the health sciences schools of Virginia Commonwealth University comprise the VCU Medical Center, one of the nations leading academic medical centers.