- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Health Care, Protective Services, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT, Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Other
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- Affiliation: Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6829
- IPED: 228796
The University of Texas at El Paso commits itself to providing quality higher education to a diverse student population. UTEP seeks to extend educational access to a region which has been geographically isolated with limited economic andeducational opportunitiesfor many of its people.
The University of Texas at El Paso is a major research university at the heart of the U.S.-Mexico border committed to the ideals of access and excellence. A leader among Hispanic-serving institutions, UTEP enrolls more than 20,000 students and is the only doctoral research university in the nation with a student body that is a majority Mexican-American. UTEPs growing research portfolio boasts more than $66 million in research spending in a variety of areas.