- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Architecture and Planning, Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Environmental Sciences, Health Care, Languages and Literature, Law, Mathematics and Statistics, Philosophy and Religion, Physical Science, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts, General Study, Music
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $11,898
- Out of State Tuition: $35,478
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 4846
- IPED: 209551
The University of Oregon is a comprehensive research university that serves its students and the people of Oregon, the nation, and the world through the creation and transfer of knowledge in the liberal arts, the natural and social sciences, and the professions.
The University of Oregon, founded in 1876, is the state's flagship institution. Located in Eugene, an energetic college town, the university offers academic excellence and hands-on learning opportunities in a welcoming atmosphere. Towering trees shade the 295-acre campus, where students, faculty members, and employees from a wide variety of backgrounds share a commitment to preserving the environment and pursuing innovation in more than 240 academic programs that range from Business Administration and Journalism to Music Performance and Marine Biology and more in between!
As a Tier 1 research institution and a member of the Association of American Universities, our students have incredible opportunities to conduct research in the field of their choice! UO students have interned at NASA, they have developed early alert systems for earthquakes, they have documented native american languages in Oregon, and they have used our submarine to explore ocean life off of the Oregon Coast.