- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Liberal Arts, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $43,762
- Out of State Tuition: $43,762
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: CACHET (Engineering & Technology Colleges)
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5815
- IPED: 135726
A private research university with more than 15,000 students from around the world, the University of Miami is a vibrant and diverse academic community focused on teaching and learning, the discovery of new knowledge, and service to the South Florida region and beyond.
Led by President Donna E. Shalala, the University comprises 11 schools and colleges serving undergraduate and graduate students in more than 180 majors and programs. In 2014, for the sixth year in a row, U.S. News & World Report ranked UM among the top 50 universities in the country in its Best Colleges listings. U.S. News also cites several of its programs in Americas Best Graduate Schools.
Established in 1925 during the regions famous real estate boom, UM is a major research university engaged in $360 million in research and sponsored program expenditures a year. While the majority of this work is housed at the Miller School of Medicine, investigators conduct dozens of studies in other areas, including marine science, engineering, education, and psychology.