- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Languages and Literature, Liberal Arts, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $16,458
- Out of State Tuition: $30,840
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: The Common App, The Coalition Application, Army ROTC, Navy ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 1836
- IPED: 145637
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign is a world leader in research, teaching and public engagement. The university is distinguished by the breadth of our programs, broad academic excellence, and internationally renowned faculty.
Since its founding in 1867, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has earned a reputation as a world-class leader in research, teaching, and public engagement.
A talented and highly respected faculty is the universitys most significant resource. Many are recognized for exceptional scholarship with memberships in such organizations as the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Sciences, and the National Academy of Engineering.
Our faculty have been awarded Nobel Prizes, Pulitzer Prizes, and the Fields Medal in Mathematics.The success of our faculty is matched by that of our alumni: 11 are Nobel laureates and another 18 have won Pulitzer Prizes.
Academic resources on campus are among the finest in the world. The University Library is one of the largest public university collections in the world with 13 million volumes in its 37 unit libraries. Annually, 53,000,000 people visit its online catalog. Students have access to thousands of computer terminals in classrooms, residence halls, and campus libraries for use in classroom instruction, study, and research.