- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Agriculture, Business and Entrepreneurship, Engineering, Recreation and Fitness, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Payment Terms, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $25,776
- Out of State Tuition: $38,226
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: The Common App, The Coalition Application, Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6827
- IPED: 229115
As a public research university, Texas Tech advances knowledge through innovative and creative teaching, research, andscholarship. The university is dedicated to student success by preparing learners to be ethical leaders for a diverse and globally competitive workforce.
A new era of excellence is dawning at Texas Tech University as it stands on the cusp of being one of the nation's premier research institutions.
Research and enrollment numbers are at record levels. Texas Tech's total research expenditures continue to increase. Fall enrollment for 2017 eclipsed that of the previous fall with 37,010 students. Numbers like that cement Texas Tech's commitment to attracting and retaining quality students. The university strives to foster an environment that celebrates student accomplishment above all else. Texas Tech is large enough to provide the best in facilities and academics, but small enough to focus on each student individually.
Quality students need a top-notch faculty. Texas Tech is home to a diverse, highly revered pool of educators who excel in teaching, research and service.
The momentum for excellence at Texas Tech has never been greater.