- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Health Care, Psychology and Counseling
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year + Graduate
- Type: Public
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT, Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Other, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $4,344
- Out of State Tuition: $4,933
- Delivery: Day
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6206
- IPED: 224545
Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a comprehensive regional university and provides the citizens a convenient opportunity to earn a degree. The university provides great value for students by having among the lowest university tuition rates in the state.
Texas A&M University-Texarkana is located on the Texas-Arkansas border. The university has been transformed into a comprehensive regional university at a beautiful new 375-acre campus setting near Bringle Lake.
A&M-Texarkana recently opened its first residence hall, Bringle Lake Village. The state-of-the-art facility provides students many amenities such as a swimming pool and sand volleyball court. All units are furnished and include flat-screen televisions, microwave ovens and refrigerators. The current occupancy rate is almost 80 percent.
Construction will begin soon on a second residence hall and dining hall facility that are scheduled to open in fall 2013.
The university has launched Eagle Athletics, which is comprised of five club sports including soccer, golf, crew, cross country, and tennis. A dance team has also been established.
The university has a satellite campus location on the campus of Northeast Texas Community College near Mt.Pleasant.