- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Physical Science, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts, STEM, General Study
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Rural
- Testing Requirements: Not Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Girls Only
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $22,120
- Out of State Tuition: $22,120
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5634
- IPED: 233718
Sweet Briar College’s 2,840-acre campus is a learning lab that helps students write their own future and our women’s leadership core curriculum ensures that Sweet Briar women are prepared to lead no matter where they go from here. Here, we truly believe that there’s nothing that you cannot do.
There’s so much to learn about Sweet Briar, but here are the five things we most want you to know:
1. Our innovative leadership curriculum has come to life.
Our core curriculum is made up of 10 courses over four years. We will teach you to harness your natural leadership abilities, so you’ll be ready to lead no matter where your life path takes you. Throughout, you’ll develop communication skills, learn to sift through evidence and gain an understanding of diverse cultural and academic perspectives. You’ll look squarely upon the problems our world faces and become empowered to craft solutions.
Sweet Briar College has once again been named as one of the nation’s Most Innovative Schools, according to the 2021 Best Colleges rankings by U.S. News & World Report. This is the second time in three years that Sweet Briar has been singled out for this distinction, in recognition of its academic and institutional innovations.
2. We have an ABET-accredited engineering program.
Our engineering program is hands-on, projectbased and focused on solving complex problems. Graduates become engineers and succeed at top companies and grad schools where big-picture thinkers stand out in the crowd.
3. We’re gaining national attention around sustainable agriculture.
Our campus is an experiential learning lab made up of farmlands, vineyards, forests, wetlands and meadows. Plus, relationships with state and federal partners create opportunities to help you become a leader in the future of agriculture and sustainability.
4. Our riding program is stronger than ever.
Sweet Briar’s nationally ranked and recognized equestrian program and facilities continue to stand out as some of the best in the country, and our ever-growing IHSA and NCEA teams compete—and win—against powerhouse Division I schools. After 100 years of riding excellence and as a long-standing destination for the nation’s top hunter/jumper riders, our future is bright. In fact, in 2021, our NCEA team won the Single Discipline National Championship. Holla, holla!
5. Our graduates go on to do some pretty amazing things.
Sweet Briar College has launched the careers of alumnae in just about every field you can imagine. Our alumnae have pursued graduate study at some of the best colleges and universities in the world, and in the last 10 of the last 12 years, our vet school placement has been 100%! Our graduates work at NASA, Boeing, the Navy and more. Others are going to graduate school at Duke, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Columbia, the University of Reading in England and others.