- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Languages and Literature, Psychology and Counseling, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $36,440
- Out of State Tuition: $36,440
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: The Coalition Application, Colleges That Change Lives
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6674
- IPED: 228343
- Call: 1-(800) 252-3166
As the first institution of higher learning in Texas, Southwestern University has a rich history grounded in the pioneering spirit of those who settled here. Our students have a passion for intellectual and personal growth, enjoy small classes and stimulating interactions with our faculty.
Committed to Fostering a liberal arts community whose values and actions encourage contributions toward the well-being of humanity, Southwestern is unique in many ways.
Our location in the heart of Central Texas allows our 1,528 students to enjoy the warm, small-town feel of historic Georgetown as well as the close proximity of Austin with its vibrant, innovative and creative culture.
Southwesterns residential campus offers a true liberal arts education with small classes and numerous collaborative undergraduate research opportunities. Outside the classroom, students are civically engaged and volunteer in the community at more than twice the national average! Half of all students study abroad and most take advantage of leadership, service and activism opportunities in Southwesterns 90+ student organizations. Our scholar-athletes compete on one of 20 NCAA Division III varsity teams. Go Pirates!
More than half of all Southwestern students complete at least one internship experience and 91 percent have found employment or have been accepted to graduate/professional school within 10 months of graduation. All of this (and more!) combine to create a lifelong Southwestern Experience.